Saturday, October 31, 2009

Calgon, take me away

I was not able to blog yesterday, because I was exhausted!!
However, after obtaining our passport quickly (by 10am) and requiring one trip to the passport office and 3 trips to the US Embassy with 3 excited, non-english speaking children, I received the needed 3 passports and visas by 2pm. Our day really started at 7:30am when Sasha picked us and our luggage up from the apartment in Billa Tserka. Then, on to the orphanage where I was able to sign the 3 children out, they said their good-bye's quickly, and we were on our way in Sasha's car to Kiev. Kolby gets car sick, so I was prepared with medication, which he took before leaving the orphanage, and plastic bags. Thankfully, we arrived without needing those.
By the time that we had completed our errands, we were all tired, wired, and hungry!!! Not a very good combination!!! There is a pizza parlor just up the street, so we ate a late lunch there.
It took about 2 hours to get luggage organized, kids "scrubbed", and in clean clothes for the night. Last night, for supper, I had mashed potatoes, sausage, and cheese. Keri Jo spent time with me writing the alphabet while the others watched a movie. I have found that she likes to spend time alone with me, and Kolby likes to help in the kitchen. Elijah likes to color and draw.
It took a little time last night for everyone to settle down for sleep, but finally all was quiet at about 10pm. I wanted to spend a few minutes alone before going to sleep, but I was too tired!!!

This morning, we were able to sleep until about 7:30, which was wonderful!!! After the kids found out that they can't eat chips, cookies, and ramen noodles for breakfast, they were able to stay calm until I had had a cup of coffee and cooked breakfast. We don't have a table in our apartment (which is very nice and clean), so we have a picnic on a sheet in the kitchen for every meal. I was able to take a wonderful, hot bath, put on make-up, and have just spent much-needed time while Kolby is listening to a Christian CD and singing loudly; the rest of the kids colored quietly.
We only have about 28 more hours here before we leave for the airport, and I think I will make it; physically and emotionally!!!

I will try to blog again in the morning before we leave for the airport!!

Thank you all so much for your prayers, thoughts, and for following with us through this incredible God-led journey,

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment