Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Kid's Speak Today
























I decided to give the kids a chance to tell about our adventure in their words, so here they are:

KEVIN:
Hello everybody,
There is a river across the street from our apartment. One morning we woke up and went to the kitchen. When we got there, I saw a man swimming in the river and it was only about 50 degrees. The man that I saw had on bikini underwear. I remember that when I lived here, that is what we wore. When we went to the orphanage to play, my little brother, E. got mad because Mom told him to pick up the trash that he had made. Mom took his ball away and he could not play with it for the rest of our visit.
Today, I learned from our devotion that God gives us faith and He increases our faith and He works in us for all of our lives.
Our apartment has an oven that has no temperature control and you have to light it with matches. Ukraine makes some of the best bread and cheese.
We are having a good exercise when we go to the orphanage and come back (we walk 20 minutes each way).
I am having a good time here, but can’t wait to come home. I hope it will be Oct. 29 or before.
Hey DJ: It is Kevin. I have learned enough Russian to talk to you when I come back. How is everything with soccer? I can’t wait until I come back to play at your house and mine. I hope you will come to the airport to meet us. Good-bye, my friend, and let us hear from you!!

KATIE:
This is my adventure.
Hello everybody,
I am in Ukraine. There are many churches here that are so beautiful. One day when we went to pick up the inspector, I saw a lady in her high-heels sweeping the leaves with a broom and picking them up in a dustpan. She was sweeping every leaf, but the wind was blowing leaves off the tree faster than she could sweep.
Today, we read Ephesians 3: 14- 4:3 and about how we don’t know how much God loves us or does for us. Because He lives in us, we shine for him.
The kids really like for us to bring samanchki (black, unsalted sunflower seeds), pechania (cookies), and confethi (candy) to the orphanage for them.
Hey Marie, I just can not wait until we get home with the kids. I know that you will like them.
Mrs. Laura, please tell everyone hello for me and that I miss you all!!!!




3 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin and Katie glad you are having a good time. We pray for you each day and look forward to meeting your new brothers and sister. Katie at less you will have one sister. I know that makes you happy. You both will be great big siblings.
    Stan, Sheila & Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kemps,
    Kevin-DJ says hello and he is playing soccer every week. The next game is Tuesday night at Soccer Blast. Today in practice he said he scored 9 goals. Katie-Ashley says hello and she is waiting for you to come home so you can play together with you and your little sister. She says she misses you and you are her best friend!
    Hope you are all doing good and that you have court on Monday, so you can hurry up and get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katie and Kevin! It was so good to hear from you both! We are praying for ya'll and look forward to your homecoming! We can't wait to see you both and to meet your brothers and sister. We have enjoyed the pictures and seeing your smiling faces! You are going to make a great big brother and sister and be a good example for your sibblings! We love you!

    ReplyDelete