Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Kids speak, again

I like to give the kids an opportunity to tell what is on their minds and from their points of view. Here are their thoughts and "Hello's" (unedited except for a little spelling help).

Kevin says:

One night, we were doing our schoolwork and we heard a noise. I thought some car had crashed into the trash can, but it wasn't. Then Mom said, "It sounds like a crash." Then we looked out the window and saw that the car had crashed into the marchutka (bus). Then we wondered if a police or fire truck would come, but they didn't.
The electricity went off twice in our apartment, but the good thing about it was that we brought some flashlights.
I can't wait until we come home because I can take my brothers to church with me. I would like to say, "Hello," everybody, especially Papa.
Hello, Grandmother, I can't wait until all 5 of us spend the night and I guess you are ready for all of us!!!! Yesterday, we walked to the orphanage and there were 3 big dogs. I guess you would have a stick and PaPa would have a rolled-up newspaper to whack them with!!
The cool thing about Ukraine is that now it is winter, but they still have flowers blooming. They also paint their houses weird colors, like pink, bright blue, and green. Their fences might be half pink and half green.
Our devotion today was about how to get to Heaven. Our Bible verse was John 14:6, "Jesus said, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

GOOD BYE!!!


Katie says:
I really enjoy having new brothers and sister, and their names are Kolby, Elijah, and Keri Jo. I thank God that He gave me a sister to play with because we have a lot of boy cousins. Keri Jo and I play together sometimes. She will get on my shoulders and I will carry her a long way. They just cannot wait until they come with us, and I cannot wait until we get to our own home. There is nothing like the smell of HOME, SWEET, HOME.
As we walk every day to the orphanage, we see small houses. Every house has a fence around it and at least one dog in their yard that barks at us. I wonder why everyone's yard is fenced!!!
Yesterday, we went to the orphanage to see the kids again. It was a good thing that we got to spend time with just the 3 of them. A girl called to Keri Jo and wanted for Mom to get her an ice cream. Mom said, "No," because she had already made their own bags of treats. Keri Jo started to be mad, and then Kolby got mad. So, we went home.

Here is my letter to my Papa Baba,
Dear Pa,
I miss you so much. I can not wait to see you again. When we get back to America, I will run to you. I can not wait to get back to our routine with the new kids. Pa, I can not wait until you pick me up in your arms again. Pa, I want to hear your voice calling me, "It is time to get ready for church." At least I can hear your voice every night before we go to bed. I will give you a lot of hugs and kisses.
With all of my love,
Katie

2 comments:

  1. Kevin and Katie!! How I miss you!!!!! It's so wonderful to hear what God is doing in your lives! Please tell Kolby, Keri Jo, and Elijah that I cannot wait to meet them! I love you and am looking forward to your return! (You, too, Kim!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! Just wanted to let you know that we're rounding up clothes and shoes for Kolby, Keri Jo and Elijah. I used the measurements that Bobby gave me for the sizes. Can't wait so see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete