Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Trying to work out flights

Thank goodness I am able to blog again. Our facilitator, Sasha, was able to loan me a computer. All of the writing in in Russian, except for what I type, but I am figuring it out. All 5 kids are doing great. The 3 new ones can't wait to leave the orphanage. I can't wait for them to leave. It is difficult seeing the other orphans that will not be leaving, and their survival tactics. Katie and Kevin do school in the morning and we are able to see the kids for about 1-1 1/2 hours in the afternoon. I try to take a treat each day. They crave anything with taste (chocolate, chips, sausage, cheese, etc). To begin with, we would just take a large bag with everything in it. However, I was being mauled by all the hands trying to grab the food. So, now I have a ziplock bag for each of my 3 children with their treats, and I take extra for the other orphans. The kids have gotten used to this, and behaviors are much better.
It looks almost impossible for us to come home on the 29th, so I am already trying to get new flights for all of us. We are flying on NWA (now owned by Delta) and their closest hub is Amsterdam. I am not sure where all of these Ukrainians are going, but all of the morning flights are full!!! This means that I could have an overnight layover in Amsterdam with FIVE children. I am not so worried about Katie and Kevin, because they have learned good behavior, patience, and consequences. Kolby, Keri Jo, and Elijah have not learned these things yet, and I really don't want them to find out in the airport!!! If we do not have the overnight layover, the tickets get really expensive. We know that God is working on something good for us, and there is a purpose for whatever flight we get on.
Thanks to all of our friends, family, and church family at Liberty Baptist Church for the prayers and comments and well-wishes. Every morning that comes, I know that we are one day closer to being home.

We really miss Bobby being here!!! He is the most amazing husband and father and does so much for each of us. I am glad, though, that he is safely home and back to work where he can stay busy. I am sure that if he is ever hungry and needing a home-cooked meal, my wonderful mom will be happy to feed him.

Love to you all,
Kim


1 comment:

  1. Glad you have a way to communicate again. Would skymiles help you? It really didn't do much for us in trying to use them on the way back but if you need some-we have got some. Maybe other people could donate too. I will call you later.

    ReplyDelete